Through the University of Central Florida (Go Knights!) and Boston University, I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology and Master’s degree in Social Work. Since that time I have been licensed as a Clinical Social Worker through the State of Florida and have continued my education on many different topics. I have also been certified as a:
- Adoption Competent Therapist and Trainer
- Clinical Trauma Professional
Some areas I focus on:
- Adoption and related matters (expectant parents, birth families, adoptees, adoptive families, adoptive parents, professionals, etc.)
- Family challenges
- Relationship challenges
My style tends to be more “eclectic”, meaning I use what I believe would be most effective with you. Here are some of the styles you may know:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solutions Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Play Therapy techniques
- Family Therapy techniques
- Attachment-focused therapy techniques
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Narrative Therapy
Networking with other counselors is important to me, so if you call me and I’m not the best match for you, I’m happy to make a referral to someone who may be a better match.
At this time I am still accepting some insurances, and I am happy to provide a “superbill” to you to determine if you could be reimbursed by other health insurance providers. I also work with some Employee Assistance Programs. Please check with your insurance to determine benefits for teletherapy.
My standard, non-insurance, session fee is $100 per 55 minutes.
Please call me if you have additional questions or to schedule an appointment!https://member.psychologytoday.com/verified-seal.js